NVivo 11 & SPSS for Planning, Analyzing and Writing
On-line: May 18-19, 2017 | Time: 09:30 AM to 05:30 PM (GMT+5) | Venue: Webinar/Webcast
The long debate for pros and cons of qualitative and quantitative research has turned into mixed method research. This emerging approach is largely backed by growing area of inter-disciplinary research. Scholars have identified various innovative strategies and techniques to operationalize mixed method research to answer marriage of both qualitative and quantitative research challenges. This workshop trains participants on fundamental strategies of mixed method research related to planning and execution. Participants will also learn how to combine potentials of NVivo 11 & SPSS for quantitative and qualitative analysis.
DO YOU WANT TO
- Plan and conduct mixed method research?
- Combine qualitative and quantitative data and its analysis?
- NVivo 11 & SPSS for mixed method research?
- Write and present mixed method research
- Developing orientation to mixed method research
- Make people understand in designing strategies of mixed method research
- Enabling participants to analyse and write using mixed method approach
- Use of NVivo 11 & SPSS for mixed method data analysis
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- MPhil/PhD Scholars
- Faculty members and researchers of universities
- Scientific officers of universities
- R&D managers and planners
- Research officers of NGOs and social sector organizations
- Consultants and policy analysts
MAJOR LEARNING AREAS?
PLANNING MIXED METHOD RESEARCH:
- What is mixed methods research- philosophical fundamentals
- When and why to use mixed methods
- Key differences in quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods research
DESIGNING MIXED METHOD RESEARCH:
- Marriage strategies of quantitative and qualitative data
- Parallel, Conversion, Sequential, Multilevel and Data Synthesis
- Design Strategies:
- Sequential Explanatory Strategy
- Sequential Exploratory Strategy
- Sequential Transformative Strategy
- Concurrent Triangulation Strategy
- Concurrent Embedded Strategy
- Concurrent Transformative Strategy
MANAGING MIXED METHOD RESEARCH:
- Benefits of using mixed methods
- Challenges of using mixed methods
- Consideration for write up in mixed methods
- Consideration for publishing in mixed methods
A CASE STUDY ON MIXED METHOD APPROACH:
- Design and Study Plan
- Literature Review
- Data Collection
- Data Analysis
- Results presentation and Write up
Prof Dr. Khalid Mahmood is an ambitious, energetic and renowned personality of library and information science (LIS) in Pakistan and overseas and serving as Professor at Department of Information Management, University of the Punjab, Lahore-Pakistan. He has completed his HEC sponsored post-doctoral research at Department of Information Studies, Graduate School of Education & Information Studies (GSE&IS), University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), USA (2010-2011). He is the author of 118 research papers published in national and international journals of repute. He has contributed seven books. He is the chief editor of a well-known scholarly publication, i.e., Pakistan Journal of Library and Information Science. He is the member of editorial boards of the following international and national LIS journals: Information Development (Sage Publications, USA), Library Philosophy and Practice (LPP) (University of Idaho, USA), Webology (University of Tehran), and Pakistan Library & Information Science Journal (Library Promotion Bureau, Karachi). He is the approved PhD supervisor of Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (HEC) and has supervised many masters, M.Phil and PhD theses. He has developed numerous projects related to research and library automation for different local and foreign organizations. He has attended above 100 workshops, seminars etc. as a resource person and/or participant. Dr. Khalid’s are of specializations are: use of information technology, bibliometrics, library technical services and LIS education and research.
Dr. Aman Ullah is PhD in Human Resource Management (HRM) from Deakin University, Australia. Aman is the first Pakistani national to receive a Doctoral degree in Human Resource Management in Dairy. Recently, his PhD work has published as a Book Chapter in international book in title, “Work, Organization and Human Resource Management” by world leading publisher “Springer International”. As an early career researcher, Aman has several peer reviewed publications. During his PhD journey, Aman had rendered his services to industry partners such as Dairy Australia and Gardiner Foundation, Australia as well as to academia including RMIT University and Deakin University, Australia. Aman’s name appeared several time on the Rector Honor Roll and Deans Honor Roll in his MBA from Imperial College, Lahore, Pakistan. He is recently teaching several management courses to the students of both undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in his university. As a Convener of the UVAS Training Coordination Team (TCT), he has designed, delivered and assessed many training programs for the industry stakeholders. Aman’s list of proved abilities includes teaching courses, developing curriculum, refereed publications, and providing management consultancy.
Muhammad Zeeshan is Assistant Director Research and Training at Institute of Research Promotion (IRP). He has done his MS Marketing from University of Management and Technology, Lahore and now enrolled in PhD Marketing at the same university. He is a professional trainer of MAXQDA by VERBI Software, Germany, listed trainer of EndNote software by Thomson Reuters, USA and master trainer of NVivo by QSR International Pty Ltd, Australia. Zeeshan has conducted dozens of training workshops on EndNote for reference management and NVivo/MAXQDA for the analysis of qualitative and mixed methods data, and combining EndNote and NVivo for literature review. He has also been the organizer of 150+ training workshops on research methods in last five years. He has more than 10 years of working experience in the corporate sector, academic and research organizations in Pakistan. Zeeshan’s major areas of research are service systems, service dominant (S-D) logic of marketing, value co-creation, relationship marketing, marketing analytics, big data marketing, customer relationship management, qualitative data analysis, textual analysis and text mining.
Please do provide your nomination through email, SMS or telephone call stating full name, cell number, email ID, name of organization/university, and position/designation etc.
WHAT WILL YOU GET?
- DVD of workshop recording
- Resource material and slides
- Post-workshop consulting
- Networking with professionals
- Continues learning on the subject
- Date: May 18-19, 2017
- Time: 09:30 AM – 05:30 PM
- Venue: Webinar/Webcast
ON-LINE WORKSHOP PARTICIPATION FEE:
- Non-Faculty Members: Rs.4,000/Participant
- Faculty Members: Rs.3,000/Participant
- Full Time Student: Rs.2,500/Participant
- Virtual Class Room: 20,000 up-to 20 participants (1,000/participant)
The fee includes certificate & webinar recording DVD
MODE OF PAYMENT:
Direct Account Transfer
- Account Title: Center for Training and Development
- Account Number: 50097900464555
- Bank Name: Habib Bank Limited
- Bank Address: Islamic Banking, Ali Block, New Garden Town, Lahore-Pakistan
- Non-Faculty Members: US$200/Participant
- Faculty Members: US$150/Participant
- Full Time students: US$100/Participant
- Virtual Class Room: US$100/Participant (Minimum 20, Maximum 40 Participants)
MODE OF PAYMENT:
- Western Union
- Money Gram
- Direct Account Transfer:
Bank Name: Habib Bank Limited
Bank Address: Islamic Banking, Ali Block, New Garden Town, Lahore-Pakistan
Account Title: Center for Training and Development
Branch Code: 5009
Account Number: 7900464555
Swift Code: HABBPKKA
Last date for enrollment: May 17, 2017
HOW TO JOIN AN ON-LINE TRAINING WORKSHOP?
If you have a PC (desktop/laptop) or any other portable device, microphone and an internet connection, you can easily join an on-line workshop. See system requirements
Institute of Research Promotion,
Suite # 11, 7th Floor, Central Plaza, Barkat Market, Garden Town, Lahore-Pakistan
Cell: 0334-4002613, 0333-4643396 | Whats App: +92-300-4610317 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | URL: blog.irp.edu.pk/mmr